NEW POSTS can be found at
I shared two of the cards that we made on October 25th, you can view them on the post titled "I'm Dreaming of a PINK Christmas". (The little snow-woman purse didn't make the final cut after all.) I wanted to share the other two cards that we made at the Breast Cancer Awareness events.
I think this first project was the most popular at both sessions.
|Images (c) Stampin" Up!|
I made a few variations so the project would fit my "PINK Christmas" theme.
|Images (c) Stampin' Up!|
This is Dawn's original creation! I knew it would be a hit with my Stampin' Up! friends!
- Cut the Early Espresso card stock (CS) 5.5" x 8.5". Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score straight down at 4.25", then use the diagonal plate to score at 5.75". Fold in half.
- Adhere a 4.25" x 1" piece of pink Designer Series Paper (DSP) to card front as shown.
- I just love adding texture, so we embossed the Early Espresso CS with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder in the Big Shot machine. Next fold scored flap under. Use piece of sticky strip to secure bottom edge.
- Use Croc-o-dile or other hole-punch to punch two holes along right edge, thread pink grosgrain ribbon (retired) through holes and tie candy cane on. Aren't these lime green & pink candy canes that I found at Kroger's just perfect?!?!?!
- Punch 2.5” circle out of “Be of Good Cheer” DSP and attach to packet front with Stampin’ Dimensionals foam dots. I have to give my best friend, Jan Oestmann, credit for the great DSP that was used for the circle, her suggestion was a much better choice than what I first tried!
- Ink mug stamp from Scentsational Season with Primrose Petals (PP) ink. Use Aqua Painter or a damp Q-tip to remove Primrose Petals ink from "liquid" part of design. Use the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker to color in liquid. “Huff” (exhale) on stamp to remoisten ink and stamp on Very Vanilla CS. Use Chocolate Chip ink to stamp steam on Very Vanilla CS. Use Holiday Collection Framelits Dies to cut designs out.
- Use your paper trimmer or a craft knife to make a small slit through the middle of the liquid in the cup and slide the bottom edge of the steam into the slit, secure with a Stampin' Dimensionals foam dot on the back.
- Attach cup & steam with Stampin’ Dimensionals foam dots to the DSP circle. Adhere rhinestone to center of snowflake on cup.
- Attach 3.5” x 0.5” strip of DSP to top edge of 3.5” x 5” Very Vanilla CS. Stamp sentiment of choice then insert into packet along with the Swiss Miss Cocoa packet.
- Stamp coordinating image, we used the Gingerbread Man from Scentsational Season, on Whisper White envelope or emboss envelope.
- Bring Peace, Love & Joy to someone’s heart when they open your beautiful handmade card!!!
I hope I've inspired you to THINK PINK this Christmas! And if you didn't call to have your mammogram scheduled in October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, PLEASE make an appointment as soon as possible. Early detection saves lives!!! My Mother is living proof.
|Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper|
|Holiday Collection Framelits Dies|